Friday, February 22, 2013

Soldier on



I've been listening for a long time. 
And you want to know what I found?

They lied.

I smiled all the while, for I had to keep up the show. I waited for them to notice. Did they? No. Was it fair? No.

The truth of the matter is that we all pretend everything is okay. Soldier on, soldier on. It'll be better tomorrow. Here's the question I pose: Will it?
I've been waiting for a long time and things still aren't what they said it would be. When will it get better exactly? I would like an exact date, please. Tomorrow? June 10, 2013? October 2, 2015?

Listen, I don't blame them. And I don't blame you. I'm just tired. I'm aching. I'm done. I lay awake at night and I wonder what awaits me. I try to push it back but it refuses to leave me. So the question remains, will it get better?

I choose to think yes, if only for the sake of getting through today. But I have a hope, burning deep down, flickering at times, yet constant.

That it will. It has to.

3 comments:

  1. "I'm just tired. I'm aching. I'm done. I lay awake at night and I wonder what awaits me. I try to push it back but it refuses to leave me."

    Stealing it. This is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "will it get better?" thats a very good question.

    ReplyDelete