Thursday, February 7, 2013

Because I love you


Pause, if you will, and take a moment to think of me.

I know we hardly know each other, but what does that matter?

We may be strangers but I crave your love.

And I'm not talking about the love you reserve for your relative you see every few years or even that person you could once call your friend but now only have memories of. I want something that burns deep inside. I want your pulse to quicken at the thought of me. I want to be the one who can soothe and calm you. I want you to belong to me and I to you. I want to be your beginning and end. I want your very breath to depend on me. I want to know the darkest corners of your mind. In return you may lean on me, but only when I have the strength. I don't want us both to crumble. We're fragile enough.

I am nothing to you as you are nothing to me. Except that's not true.

Pause, and only think of me.

4 comments:

  1. "Pause, if you will, and take a moment to think of me." Love this and I am stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I know we hardly know each other, but what does that matter?"
    Perfection. Stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We may be strangers but I crave your love."

    I love how you used the word "crave". It made it a very strong statement. Stole it. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is one of my favorites.

    "In return you may lean on me, but only when I have the strength. I don't want us both to crumble. We're fragile enough."

    Stolen.

    ReplyDelete