Saturday, February 16, 2013

My head and my heart


I'm thinking about you. 

But please don't get the wrong idea. This isn't my choice. I'm trying to stop, but I can't. Maybe that's what you always wanted. To invade my mind so that I would no longer have the freedom to choose what it is I think about. It's you. It's always been you.

You see, I'm thinking about you like stars think about falling.
Like seasons think about changing.
Like time thinks about stopping.

I'm thinking about you like puzzles think about fitting. 
Like planets think about spinning.
Like sailors think about sailing.

I'm thinking about you like weeds think about growing. 
Like bees think about stinging.
Like poison thinks about spreading.

I need to stop this. 

I'm trying with my whole heart to stop thinking about you. The problem is that it's my heart that seems to be leading the charge to invade my mind with you. 

That little traitor.

I was told to always follow him, and obediently I did. Maybe he's been broken one too many times and is now malfunctioning. I'll go in tomorrow and trade him in for a new one. That will finally end this. And if this infection of you has spread through my veins into my brain, I'll have to see about getting a new one of those too.

I'm thinking about you. But not for much longer. No, not much longer.


6 comments:

  1. "I'm trying with my whole heart to stop thinking about you. The problem is that it's my heart that seems to be leading the charge to invade my mind with you. "
    Hearts can be absolutes b-words sometimes. This post was fantastic. so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Like sailors think about sailing."

    I've always wanted to become a sailor.

    "Like poison thinks about spreading."

    This fits really well. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...that little traitor." for some reason i love this simple line- my heart and mind don't agree either

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Maybe that's what you always wanted. To invade my mind so that I would no longer have the freedom to choose what it is I think about. It's you. It's always been you."
    i stole this
    and i loved this post, AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. Too much stolen to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this goes together so well, I have to steal a chunk. "I'm trying with my whole heart to stop thinking about you. The problem is that it's my heart that seems to be leading the charge to invade my mind with you.That little traitor." Thanks its amazing.

    ReplyDelete