Saturday, March 9, 2013

I need to know

Can you hear it?

Please tell me you do because I need to know that someone can.

It's my heart. I know it's faint and I know it's fading, but it's still there. It may be bleeding out, but it's still beating.

I didn't always take care of it, I realize that, and now it may be too late, but I think it may last. If it can just hold me out a little longer I swear I will change. I will be tender and I will be kind. I will no longer wear my heart on my sleeve to be seen and used and abused. I will start doing my cardio workout and I will cut out all the fast food and sweets. I'll start taking care of my heart, I will. It just might take some time.

And while it may be hard to hear and feel, I know it's still there. But I need someone to tell me that they can hear it too. Because with each passing day I'm beginning to question it's existence.

Please tell me you can hear it. I need to know that I'm still alive.



1 comment:

  1. It's my heart. I know it's faint and I know it's fading, but it's still there. It may be bleeding out, but it's still beating.

    Stealing.

    ReplyDelete