Monday, March 25, 2013

Clouds in the Sky

I remember when I wanted to shake mountains and make a change in the world. I wanted to stand out. I wanted to be that person people would stop to talk about. Not because I was the latest scandal but because I had done something meaningful and worthwhile. But here is the deepest secret nobody knows: 

I never actually wanted those things. When it comes down to it, I like sitting on the grass and watching the clouds roll across the sky too much. I'm content in the little meaningless moments of each day. And while at times I might feel my soul cry out for a change, it quiets down after a while and I go back to staring up at the sky.

3 comments:

  1. "it quiets down after a while and I go back to staring up at the sky." -stolen

    I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, darling you understand me.
    All I've wanted to do is be somebody, to make a change, to be someone's world. But it's so much easier to enjoy the small things, to live life day by day and be happy with who you are, and proud of your existence. It's wonderful to be content with kisses on foreheads, and dinners on the porch, and spending immeasurable amounts of time with people you love and not ever look for more.
    I love this post, I love you.

    ReplyDelete